Machine Learning Engineer
We're looking for a great machine learning engineer to join our team. You’ll work on our advanced analytics and machine learning efforts.
We are building a software platform to enable the paradigm of personalised medicine. Our current version enhances the treatment of remotely monitored heart patients and is used daily at Rigets Hjertecenter. The ultimate, long term aim of our machine learning efforts are to develop indicators and warning mechanisms that enable clinicians to take early action on patients who are at risk.
Who are you?
We don’t know exactly who you are, but you probably have a MSc in computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar quantitative field. You enjoy exploring new ideas and you like being around people who challenge you.
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements from engaging with clinicians and data scientists
- Develop classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, advanced analytics, and rule-based models
- Contribute to building a state-of-the-art datawarehouse
- Develop insights based on NLP from electronic patient records (EPJ/EHR)
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field (or a Ph.D.)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence
- Experience with programming languages such as R, python, C#, Java, Scala or similar a plus
- Experience with data analysis using scientific libraries (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig/Spark/Mapreduce a plus
- Willingness and ability to translate insights into clinical recommendations
Data that you'll work with (and that we actually have access to)
- Data from implanted cardiac devices from thousands of patients (US and Denmark)
- Patient-generated data (from patients entering symptoms and other relevant information on their SCAUT app)
- Health data on patients in Denmark (diagnoses, hospital admissions, procedure code, etc)
Who is SCAUT?
You'll be part of an interdisciplinary R&D venture, based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are a spin-out from the University of Copenhagen. You'll be hired into Rehfeld Medical, the company behind SCAUT. Learn more about us in the media section.
Our culture is based on these values and beliefs
- we sketch, build and test prototypes early
- we base insights on thorough fieldwork and academic research
- we apply agile software development methods
- we keep an open, free and very flexible work environment
Our work is difficult and ambitious. We create solutions that improve the lives of patients and the work practice for health professionals. If you are an entrepreneurial spirit with software engineering talent, we would very much like to work with you. We can't promise you a Tesla, but your salary will fit your skills.
How to apply
- Write an e-mail to Jonas Moll, co-founder of SCAUT on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include links to your online engineering profiles (GitHub, etc)
- Describe or link to your work history (resume, LinkedIn, others of your choice)
- We will hire as soon as we find the right person, so get in touch with us