Data Scientist / Data Engineer
We're looking for a passionate data engineer or data scientist to join our team. You’ll help us establish our new data warehouse. The datawareshouse will host data on 'our' heart patients from a multitude of data sources.
We are building a software platform to enable the paradigm of personalised medicine. We'll use the warehouse to do advanced analytics in order to insights that will benefit patients and clinicians. The ultimate, long term aim of our machine learning efforts are to develop indicators and warning mechanisms that enable clinicians to take early action on patients who are at risk. You'll help bridge the newest methods from machine learning research to an applied world, where we help patients live a better life.
Who are you?
We don’t know exactly who you are, but you probably have an MSc in computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar quantitative field. You enjoy exploring new ideas and you like being around people who challenge you.
- Build a state-of-the-art data warehouse to mine patient data in a safe, secure and ethically responsible way
- Develop and implement best practices for data collection and analytical experimentation
- Explore new technologies, innovative instrumentation to further our work on combining multiple data sources for clinical insight
- MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: data mining, business intelligence, machine learning
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases and query languages such as SQL
- Experience with programming languages such as C#, Java, Scala or similar
- Willingness and ability to translate insights into clinical recommendations
Data that you'll work with (and that we actually have access to)
- Data from implanted cardiac devices from thousands of patients (US and Denmark)
- Patient-generated data (from patients entering symptoms and other relevant information on their SCAUT app)
- Health data on patients in Denmark (diagnoses, hospital admissions, procedure code, etc)
Who is SCAUT?
You'll be part of an interdisciplinary R&D venture, based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are a spin-out from the University of Copenhagen. You'll be hired into Rehfeld Medical, the company behind SCAUT. Our current version of our software platform is used daily at Rigets Hjertecenter. Learn more about us in the media section.
Our culture is based on these values and beliefs
- we sketch, build and test prototypes early
- we base insights on thorough fieldwork and academic research
- we apply agile software development methods
- we keep an open, free and very flexible work environment
Our work is difficult and ambitious. We create solutions that improve the lives of patients and the work practice for health professionals. If you are an entrepreneurial spirit with software engineering talent, we would very much like to work with you. We can't promise you a Tesla, but your salary will fit your skills.
How to apply
- Write an e-mail to Jonas Moll, co-founder of SCAUT on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include links to your online engineering profiles (GitHub, etc)
- Describe or link to your work history (resume, LinkedIn, others of your choice)
- We will hire as soon as we find the right person, so get in touch with us